Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Grand Hotel du Cap-Ferrat


While on vacation, we had the opportunity to make a brief sojourn to Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat on our drive from Cannes to Monte Carlo and have lunch at this fabulous hotel, the Grande Hotel Du Cap-Ferrat. Ironically, after returning home and going through my mail, I saw this layout in my June/July "Interiors" magazine and had to post these beautiful pictures by Tim Beddow. He certainly captures the elegance and comfort that this hotel exhales due to the all-white interior design by Pierre-Yves Rochon. This glorious palace by the sea is truly magical. I would love to have stayed at this quiet, tranquil, sophisticated retreat. I highly recommend a stop-by if you are traveling through the south of France. If you are even more fortunate, please make a reservation and stay a couple nights. This hotel would make a superb honeymoon or anniversary/milestone birthday destination. Talk about Living in Your Finest Environment:)))!
 Lobby interior
 Hotel Bar
 Guest Room
 Guest Room cont'd
 Vanity
Now for my pictures....
 Lalique crystal birds inside pendant
 Grand lobby interior in whites, creams and hints of pale blue
 Looking out one of the windows from lobby
 Another vantage point of the sitting area of hotel
Simple floral arrangements. I like the use of these vessels and how the flowers lean off the side!
I always learn something new on a vacation!
Another lobby scene
Walking to the casual poolside restaurant, La Veranda (there is a gastronomique restaurant that has a Michelin star, Restaurant Le Cap).
 The stunning walkways to the pool
 Glimpses of the sea
 Pool and sea... and my ride!
Pool and lounging

 Rocky beach, but it's still pretty



 The back of the hotel
 Fresh flowers -always
Tootaloo....