Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Nice Rack!

I have a thing for racks...pot racks that is! In my next life, er, my future home I should say, I insist on having a pot rack in my kitchen. Nothing is more practical than this vertical storage unit, dangling all your precious All-Clad and Mauviel pots and pans like little soldiers waiting to be called upon to cook up your next feast!

Take some inspiration from what I currently have (drawers for storage) and perhaps update your current kitchen situation with a pot rack from several sources and different price ranges (check Home Depot, Ikea for more cost friendly options, Urban Archaeology if you can really splurge). Of course my dream pot rack costs a small fortune... but hey, if you don't love it, why bother?

My current ensemble of pots and pans....


Some of my favorite pot racks and their kitchens...!

Designer: Shannon Bowers (photo courtesy of House Beautiful)
Designer: Kent Lineberger
Designer: Michael Smith
Designer: Jeffry Weisman and Andrew Fisher (Tuell & Reynolds pot rack)
Designer: Miles Redd
Designer: Katie Brown (Enclume pot rack)
Designer: Malcolm James Kutner (Chalon pot rack)
Kitchen of Glen Senk of Urban Outfitters and Keith Johnson of Anthropologie
Designer: Michael Smith for Sir Evelyn & Lady de Rothchild's NYC duplex
Kitchen of Bronson van Wyck and Andrew Fry

My favorite pot rack of the moment....
www.urbanarchaeology.com 


(Most photos from www.elledecor.com)