Monday, April 4, 2011

Sucre!

Since I'll be going to London and Paris in a couple months, I have been pulling out my clippings of pastry shops to visit...re-reading articles that sound like "Pastry Tours of Paris"from various mags like Town & Country or Elle Decor, making sure Pierre Herme is on my "Must Do" list in London and of course, Laduree and Pierre Herme in Paris! As you can see, the theme of this is my beloved, worshipped, sick amorous affair with the macaron. I just stumbled upon this heavenly new book, Laduree: The Sweet Recipes that has the recipes to the Laduree macarons. Upon receipt, I will try out a recipe or two and tell you how successful I was in creating something that looks like this:

Or this...

I'm checking out the selection at Laduree in Tokyo! They love pastries there!
 Decisions decisions....

Yummmmmmmmm....

 I might try this beauty....

Not going here...but it's a vision, no?