Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Dinner for 5

Last night I had four adults/ one 9 year old, a 10 month old and a 4 month old adding to the liveliness and spirit of my home on which would normally be a quiet, dull Tuesday night for me. Dinner last night proved to be the furthest thing from dull and nothing short of spectacular. One need not go to great extremes to plan a nice little dinner. I figured it was Tuesday after all and I needn't stress about preparing things like beggar's purses or beef wellington (? I had to think of something).
Anyhow, no food photos - sorry... but here is the tablescape, flowers and menu!
Table set for five 
Supermarket flowers...again! Love my grocery blooms! Tip: Stick with one color, vary the textures and be creative. I bought four different types of flowers, doubled up on each (because I like compact arrangements) and went to work snipping and sorting and arranging. 

MENU

Hello...
Grapefruit Margaritas
Marcona almonds
Olives
Hummous & Tabouli
Mixed vegetables and various pita and cracker bread

Storytime...
Marinated beef tenderloin-grilled,sliced atop a
Mixed greens salad with tangerines,feta,onion,pecans,and green beans
Bruschetta
Beautiful red wine- the name escapes me

Goodbye...
Peach cake (homemade- guest brought)
Minted brownies (from same guest :))

Still feeling the effects of these puppies today...Happy Wednesday! xo